Family Resource Guides and Articles
Get Real Solutions to Real Problems
At Find Family Resources, we work hard to provide real solutions for the real problems low income Americans face every day. Although every individual and family is unique, there are certain needs that each and every one of us share. The goal of our resources and articles is to allow for a comprehensive approach to finding the programs and assistance you need. You will find a large variety of resource opportunities, benefit program information, financial tools and assistance, and available, life-changing help programs you may not even know existed until now!
Your current financial situation might seem impossible to navigate, and the sheer range of options, each with different application processes and eligibility requirements, may appear daunting, but don't fret. With the right resources at your fingertips and a little work, you'll find the process can be surprisingly smooth.
Know Your Options and Learn How to Apply
No matter what your current financial issues are, our goal is to help you to find an assistance program that may help you to get you back on your feet. The U.S. government provides billions of dollars each year to assist low income Americans with financial hardship, housing assistance, food and nutrition help, utility bill savings, weatherization, debt relief, credit repair and much more. For each of these situations, we've provided free guides, articles and emergency help resources.
Everything About Grants
- For low income families, making ends meet can be difficult. Just when you're doing alright, an unexpected expense like car repairs or medical bills can wipe out any progress you've made. Fortunately, low-income families have options available when they are experiencing a financial hardship. One of these options is grant money available for almost any kind of need.
Unclaimed Cash Guide
- Have you ever left a job abruptly and never received your last check? Moved out of town before collecting deposits for utility / cable companies or housing? You, your relatives and friends could have missing money at this very moment resting within your state's treasury.
Most Popular Loans
- Trying to decipher which type of loan will work best for you and your family can be a confusing and time-consuming process. Especially if you don't fully understand the differences between types of loans available. This article will introduce you to the top kind of loans so you know what's right for you.
Best Websites For Getting Free Stuff
- In today's cash-strapped world, getting something for nothing is always a good deal. We run through the internet's top destinations for giveaways and free goodies.
Cell Phone Assistance Programs
- Cellular communication has become central to modern society, but what do you do when you can't afford a phone? Let's look at government and private cell phone assistance programs that provide communication services to people struggling with financial difficulties.
10 Ways to Make Extra Money Fast Online
- Sometimes you need to make some extra money fast. You don't have to break the law to do that… if you have an internet connection, there are jobs you can do right now that will bring in that extra cash.
Free or Low-Cost Medical Assistance
- If you have no insurance, not enough insurance, or a high-deductible plan, you may be tempted to overlook basic care to save money. That can be a dangerous decision. What seems like a small problem now could be the start of something serious. These facilities will help you get the care you need at a price you can afford.
Legal Ways to Make Money Fast
- Anyone who promise to make you rich in a hurry is selling a scam, but there are legal and real ways to get some money in your pocket quickly. Here are some to consider.
Personal Loans - What You Need To Know
– Personal loans are a flexible and popular method of financing. Here's what you need to know to find the right deal and avoid the wrong one!
How To View Your Credit Score For Free
- Your credit score is a small number with a huge impact on your life. You need to know what it is, and make sure it's right. Here's how to view it at no cost.
Housing Assistance Programs
The guides below have been written to help you understand, apply and receive Section 8 assistance. We strongly recommend that you review these guides and take advantage of the vital information included herein.
Section 8 Registration and Application Guide
- Housing Choice Vouchers, formerly known as Section 8 Vouchers, have helped millions of American families find better, cheaper housing. Here's a guide to the program and how to apply for the housing assistance it offers.
Section 8 Eligibility Guide
- Housing Choice Vouchers, formerly known as Section 8 Vouchers, have allowed millions of low-income Americans to improve their lives. Here's a guide to assessing your eligibility.
The Best Section 8 Homes and Rentals Guide
- Find the Best Section 8 Homes and Rentals in your Local Area with these Valuable Resources, Countdown the #1 Best Resource on the Net
Section 8 Background Guide
- Learn the History Section 8, Educate yourself on the assistance to see how to best take advantage of it
Rent-To-Own Houses and Apartments
- Find Homes You Can Rent To Own - Get Access to Rent To Own Deals Instantly
- Find the Perfect Rent to Own Home For Your Family - Avoid the Bank and View Options
If you're really interested in renting to own your own home, make sure and check your credit score
before you start the process. Ensure you are in good standing and if not, get help to fix it
Food & Nutrition Benefits
SNAP Food Stamps Registration & Application Guide
– If you're planning to apply for SNAP, start here! Everything you need to know about applying for SNAP, understanding the registration process, and avoiding common mistakes.
SNAP Food Stamp Eligibility Guide
- Do you and your family qualify for SNAP? This in-depth guide explores the issues and answers the most commonly asked questions.
How To Reapply or Renew SNAP Benefits
- Learn the steps for recertification, reapplying and renewing SNAP food stamp benefits
EBT & How It Works
- Electronic Benefit Transfers, also known as EBT, are given to individuals and families with an economic need. Learn more about EBT now to see if it's right for you!
Utility Bill Assistance
LIHEAP Registration & Application Guide
- Everything you need to know about applying for LIHEAP, understand the eligibility and application process, learn the common mistakes people make and how to avoid them
LIHEAP Eligibility Guide
- See if you and your family meet the LIHEAP Eligibility Requirements; this guide explores all the issues and common questions
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- Learn more about WAP, its History, Benefits and How to Apply
Additional Assistance and Resource Programs
Resources For Prescription Medication
- Drug companies, nonprofits, and state governments offer Patient Assistance Programs that help low-income families and individuals get medications that they need but can't afford. Here's where to look.
How to Find Substance Abuse Treatment
- Substance abuse can destroy lives and devastate families. If you or someone you love is affected, you need help and you need it fast. Substance abuse treatment is available to everyone, no matter what your income is. Here are some ways to find it.
Childcare Resources and Assistance
- Low to moderate-income parents who are working or studying while raising kids need affordable childcare. Here's where to look for help.
- Unemployment insurance (UI) benefits provide temporary financial assistance to workers unemployed through no fault of their own who meet their state's eligibility requirements. Learn about the qualification requirements now.
- WIC provides supplemental foods, healthcare referrals, nutrition education, and breastfeeding promotion and support to low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. See the application process now!
TANF / Welfare
- Launched in 1997 with the purpose of providing cash assistance to low income American families that had dependent children. The program has assisted countless families to an increasingly difficult economic climate. Get the information you need to apply for help!