Getting Started With Benefits Guide - Part 2
Food Assistance and Grocery Money Saving Programs
Did you know that according the USDA, an American family of four living on a "thrifty food plan" spends $146.00 a week? That's $584 dollars a month, over $7000 a year, and that's the lowest cost food plan!
Most American families actually spend considerably more than that on food and how can they not, we are barraged with commercials that make our mouths wet and stomachs growl. Adding to this dilemma, healthy and nutritious food tends to be more expensive than "junk food". No wonder our country is rampant with diabetes and other food nutrition related issues.
The good news is there is help and assistance available for wherever you and your family fit in to the food mix. Check out the links below to learn more about any area that might be of interest.
SNAP Food Stamps Registration and Application Guide
- Everything you need to know about applying for SNAP, understand the registration process
SNAP Eligibility and How To File
- Review the specific Eligibility Requirements and Get Specific Instructions for How To File for SNAP
How To Reapply or Renew SNAP Benefits
- Learn the steps for recertification, reapplying and renewing SNAP food stamp benefits
EBT Cards: How They Can Keep Your Family Healthy
- Information about the Electronic Benefit Transfers (EBT) Card and What You Can Get With It
How To Save Money On Your Utility Bills
LIHEAP or HEAP is the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program established in 1981. Its mission is to assist low income households in meeting their home energy needs to heat or cool their homes. LIHEAP administration runs through state governments. The program has assisted countless families to an increasingly difficult economic climate. Learn more about saving money on your utility bills by reviewing the guides below.
LIHEAP Registration & Application Guide
- Everything you Need to Know About Registering & Applying for LIHEAP
LIHEAP Eligibility and How To Apply
- Review the specific Eligibility Requirements and Get Instructions for How To Apply for LIHEAP